Travelling with fur babies?
Capricorn Coast has a number of dog-friendly off-leash areas where your four-legged mate can burn around freely, play with you and socialise with other dogs.
As long as your pooch plays nice with other peoples four-legged pals, you’re more than welcome to have off-leash time with your pet.
While in an off-leash area it is your responsibility to keep your Pal under effective control at all times. It is important that you monitor your dog’s behaviour and ensure it does not cause a nuisance or become aggressive to other people or dogs.
- All beaches before 8 am and after 4 pm daily unless otherwise signposted. At all other times, your dog must be on a leash.
- Farnborough Beach, Yeppoon from Bangalee boat ramp south to Barwells Creek with access via Hinz Avenue excluding weekends and public holidays.
- Fisherman’s Beach, Emu Park from the beach access 150 metres north of Bell Park to Tanby Point with access via Hill Street excluding weekends and public holidays.
- Please note dogs are prohibited on Yeppoon Main Beach (from Ross Creek to the Bluff rocks), Cooee Bay Beach, Emu Park Beach and Sandy Point Beach at all times
Poo bags are provided at these points:
- Cooee Bay beach (Strangely dogs are prohibited but poo bags are provided. Don’t ask why it’s a council move.)
- Main Beach Yeppoon next to the Surf Club
I’m still working on this list. If you know of a Poo Bag place let me know and I’ll add it.