Geocaching can be fun! But beware, it can be addictive!
Geocaching treasure hunts within the Capricorn Coast region are a great way to go on an adventure. With a journey for everyone young & old, use map coordinates and a GPS enabled device and you can find our geocache trig points. Maybe even a GeoGnome!
As easy or as hard as you like to make it, Geocaches come in all shapes and sizes. You can find one as small as a five cent piece, or a huge geocache with exciting ‘treasures’ inside. You can drive up to your geocache and spot it from the car, or you can choose to hike up our mountains in search of that elusive point.
What do we do?
Go to this site geocaching.com.au Enter Yeppoon or Emu Park in the Search for a Geocache Locality, click ‘Search Now’, choose one of our geocaches.
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS device or load the geocache into a geocaching app on your smartphone. (See below for app link)
- Use your GPS device or smartphone to navigate to the geocache.
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
- Log your adventure online.
- Take a pick and share it on Instagram #thisisyeppoon